Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating). The primer keeps the moisturizer from evaporating, so your skin looks extra dewy, says cosmetic chemist Ni'Kita Wilson.1. One word: primer. Layer a pea-size amount of hydrating facial primer over your moisturizer (we like
2. Try a peel for sensitive skin-even if you don't have sensitive skin. "A home peel makes your skin more even," says dermatologist Joshua Zeichner. "But most are so strong they make it red." One for sensitive skin, like Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel, brightens without too much irritation.
3. Slap on an eye patch. Makeup artist Troy Surratt likes Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask. (Full disclosure: It takes 15 minutes to work.) "It reduces bags and hides the wrinkles caused by dryness."
4. Get your hair back. Pull everything except any face-framing layers into a high, tight ponytail. "Flip the free pieces to one side," says hairstylist Adir Abergel, "and bobby-pin them behind your ear without flattening the hair on top. The volume with the high ponytail is so flattering."
5. Spray water on your face. After applying foundation, spritz a facial mist, like Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray, on top. "Tap a dry makeup sponge over your wrinkles," says Surratt. "The water will blend your foundation more seamlessly and prevent it from settling into lines."
6. Exercise. If you can't exercise (or don't want to), put your head between your knees for a minute. When you sit back up, your face will be red and plumped. The redness subsides in a few seconds, but the glow stays for a while, says dermatologist Amy Wechsler.
More from Allure:
The 13 Prettiest Date-Night Hairstyles
The 10 Best Drugstore Anti-Aging Products
34 Hair Ideas for 2014
Find the Best Haircut for Your Face Shape