One of our favorite go-to nail polishes is Ballet Slippers by Essie, $8.00 (or really any subtle neutral tone) and while we love the simple elegance of the color by itself, it's also perfect for using as a base for nail art or -- in this case -- glitter. But it's important to be careful with sparkle, because there's definitely such thing as too much (see our teenie bopper stage of putting loose glitter on our eyelids). Lo and behold, grown-up glitter.
Hey, we love a little sparkle as much as the next girl, but sometimes it just isn't okay to channel our inner 5 year-old and go all out. So whether you're just trying to stay professional at your job or are a more low-key gal, this manicure is the perfect solution for satisfying your inner Princess.
Here's how to get the mani:
- File and buff your nails to the desired length.
- Apply a base coat (we're loving the new Fill the Gap keratin treatment from Essie, $10.00).
- Paint two coats of Ballet Slippers.
- Once dry, gently paint a coat of glitter polish, such as Sephora by O.P.I.'s Meet Me at the Disco, $4.50, keeping more glitter near your nail bed.
- Finish it off with a great top coat and voila! Try Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat, $18.00 for extra shine.
Try it out and show us via Instagram and Twitter!
Photo Credit: Pinterest