When the clock's ticking, digging though every compact in your bathroom is an exercise in frustration. What you need is one simple bag with a selection of products that help you pull yourself together as quickly as possible, at home or on the road. In it:
- Tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. It's sheer, so you can put it on without a mirror if you need to, says makeup artist Jillian Dempsey, who likes ones from Laura Mercier and Kiehl's.
- Concealer. You already know the one you like (if you don't, try Clarins Instant Concealer). To save time, dab it on with your finger, which is less precise but blends it into the skin more quickly than a brush does.
- Cream blush. The easiest makeup product ever invented. Look for sheer formulas, like Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush. "Use a neutral shade, like a peachy bronze, so you can swipe it over your eyelids, too," says Dempsey. Pretty, easy, and done.
- The softest fine eyeliner pencil you can find.The beauty is that it goes on easily and almost does the blending for you. (We like Dolce & Gabbana Khol Pencil and Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kôhl Liner.)
- Mascara. It takes 30 seconds and has a major impact, especially if you've got naturally pale lashes. Choose a no-clump formula, like the aptly named CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara, so you can just swipe and go.
- A sharpened eyebrow pencil. "They're faster than powder," says Dempsey. For the most natural effect, "just make sure there's a spooley brush on the other end to feather out the color."
34 Hair Ideas for 2014
50 Beauty Products to Try Before You Die
Celebrity Hairstyles That Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
The Best Sunglasses for Every Face Shape