We love know Gwen Stefani for her edgy, rock-n-roll take on style, but at this year's Emmy Awards, she sported an ultra-sleek midi haircut that was, surprisingly, a little straight-edge. Gwen's sophisticated almost-lob (long lob, perhaps?) is completely easy to recreate. We got the scoop from her Emmys hairstylist, Danilo! Read on for a step-by-step on how to get Gwen's sleek and straight style.
1. Start by shampooing and conditioning your hair with a strengthening shampoo and conditioner (like the Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Shampoo and Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Conditioner) to help strengthen hair against damage.
2. Towel dry your hair.
3. Lightly mist the whole head with a detangler (like the Pantene Pro-V Moisture Mist Detangler) and comb through evenly. This will help prep the hair so that it is ready for styling.
4. Arrange the hair into three even sections -- one section on each side, and one section on the back of the head.
5. Lightly mist each section with a volumizing spray gel (like the Pantene Pro-V Volume Root Lifting Spray Gel) from the root to the middle of the hair shaft for long-lasting volume.
6. Blow dry each section smooth and straight.
7. When your hair is completely dry, lightly mist a shine spray (like the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KERAGLOSS Oil Mist) on each section prior to flat ironing. This will give hair a smooth finish while also adding shine. If hair needs a little more, dress each section with a leave-in crème before using a flat iron.
8. Take sections of the hair (no more than 1.5 -2 inches wide), and straighten using a flat iron straight down from the hair part.
9. Continue to flat iron each section until the entire head has been fully straightened.
10. For lightweight control, use a light hold hairspray (like the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray).
Click through the gallery for more celebrity hair looks we love.