The 7 easiest ways to save your nails between manicures
We've listed the best-and simplest-steps to keep nails looking clean and chip-free between salon visits. As well, click through the gallery above for our time-tested favorite products.
1. Every other day, apply a topcoat to nails to act as a shield, preventing chips. The strongest formula we've found: Dior Abricot Top Coat.
2. When painting the topcoat, start by lining the tip of the nail for double coverage.
3. Stick to cold water when washing hair to prevent the polish from fading. This includes the shower the day of your manicure; It takes polish a full 24 hours to dry completely.
4. Got a few chips anyway? Paint the tips with glitter to camouflage. Deborah Lippmann Glitter Nail Polish is multi-toned so it hides nail polish breaks perfectly.
5. Always use cuticle cream or oil to keep cuticles moisturized. The softer the cuticles, the less they'll break the polish on top. Ciaté Love Me Cranberry Cuticle Oil has the sweetest cranberry scent.
6. Don't use your nails to open cans or get better leverage on a button. Your nails are not a tool.
7. Just like any other part of your body that grows, your nails need vitamins to keep healthy. Add keratin to your daily intake to guarantee strong nails, as well as Phyto Phytophanére Hair and Nails Dietary Supplement.
More from Lifestyle Mirror:
How to make fine hair look voluminous
Why dry conditioner will save your life
How to wear bright makeup in winter
The most flattering makeup to wear with a pixie cut