Shocking 36-second video shows the effects of photoshop on a model's body
Watch the Christian Dior haute couture show
Luxury materials, exquisite craftsmanship and sweeping dresses take center stage at Paris haute couture fashion week.
- You Have to See Lupita Nyong'o's "Bad-Ass Women" Comic-Con Group Shot with Brie Larson Zoe Saldana and More Stars
- Britney Spears Works Out in a Bikini After Chowing Down on French Fries
- Olivia Wilde Is a Ray of Sunshine as She Flaunts Her Baby Bump in a Vintage Dress
- Gisele Bndchen Posts Rare Photo of Her and Tom Brady's Two Kids
- Bikini-Clad Kate Hudson and Her Girl Squad Are Having a Blast in St. Tropez
This 36-second clip shows how much of an effect a computer can have on a model's body: through airbrushing, stretching, and thinning to make her into a more stunning -- and unrealistic -- version of herself. The time-lapse feature is from GlobalDemocracy.com, created in 2011. It garnered attention for the site's demand for a disclaimer to accompany any and all airbrushing that is done to a model's body, and has recently resurfaced.
We acknowledge that digitally-altered photos may be unavoidable in the fashion industry, but we hope that alterations this intense aren't the norm. We agree with many of the comments on the video so far, that the model was beautiful to begin with. Watch the video above to see!